Why Architectural Panels Are The Best Option For Construction Projects
Architectural panels are often used in construction projects because they are an efficient and affordable way to cover large areas. Panels can be made from a variety of materials, including metal, plastic, glass, and wood. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, which makes them a versatile option for many different types of construction projects.
What Are Architectural Panels
Architectural panels are a type of cladding that is used to cover the exterior of a building. They can be made from a variety of materials, including metal, wood, plastic, glass, and composites. Architectural panels are typically installed in a grid pattern and can be used to create a variety of different looks.
They provide protection from the weather and add insulation, which can help keep a building's temperature regulated. They can be either opaque or translucent, and they can be either fixed or movable.
Different Types Of Architectural Panels
There are several different types of architectural panels, each with its own unique features and benefits.
An infill panel is a type of architectural panel that is used to fill in the gaps between other panels, such as metal or glass, and they are installed between floors on the primary structural frame of a building to support the structure’s cladding system.
This type of panel is typically made from a lightweight material and is designed to be easy to install and remove. Infill panel offers a wide variety of solutions to improve the thermal efficiency of the window, spandrel, curtain wall, and glazing applications.
Rabbet Edge Panels
Rabbet Edge Panels are a unique type of architectural panel that can be used to add interest and depth to any interior space. They are made up of several panels that are connected together by rabbet joints, which create a unique and interesting look. Rabbet Edge Panels are also a great way to add texture and depth to a space.
These panels are designed to fit into any standard glazing pocket easily and can increase R-Value by up to 500%. With a variety of finishes available, rabbet edge panels are the smart choice for your next project.
Fire Resistant Panels
These panels are designed to act as a barrier between the fire and the main structure of the building. They are installed in areas where high traffic and the movement of people can increase the likelihood of a fire breaking out. Fire-resistant panels are installed on walls, ceilings, staircases, and other areas where there is a risk of fire breaking out and spreading.
Formed Edge Panels
Have offset formed edges that can be glazed into standard glazing channels with overall panel thicknesses up to 6”. The panels are designed to create a flush appearance with the wall surface and framing. Formed corner panels can eliminate the need for framing or molding at corner transitions.
Impact Resistant Panels
These panels can be used in a variety of applications. They can be installed on the outside of a building to protect it from damage during a storm, or they can be used inside to protect valuable items from being damaged in a collision. They can also be used in vehicles to help prevent injuries during a crash.
Non-Insulated Veneer And Glazing Panels
A type of construction panel that is used to create walls, ceilings, and other building features. These panels are made up of two sheets of material that are glued together, with a layer of insulation in between. The insulation helps to prevent the transmission of sound and heat through the panel, making it an ideal choice for use in commercial or residential construction. The panels can be used in fascia and soffit applications. Moldings are available for a low-cost, high-performance application.
Seamless Structurally Glazed Panels
Seamless Structurally Glazed Panels (SSGP) are a new building product that has been making waves in the construction industry. They are made from two sheets of glass that are sealed together with a structural silicone adhesive. This creates a panel that is structurally sound and watertight.
SSG panels have been used to build everything from schools and hospitals to office buildings and retail stores. They are versatile products that can be used in almost any application. They also have a much lower environmental impact than traditional construction methods.
Insulated Spandrel Glass Panels
These include an exterior skin of 1/4″ tempered spandrel glass laminated directly to an insulating core, interior substrate, and finished interior skin. Insulated spandrel glass panels are an efficient way to improve the thermal performance of a building envelope. They can be custom manufactured to meet the specific needs of a project and are available in a variety of colors, sizes, and shapes.
How To Choose The Right Architectural Panel For The Project
There are a few things to consider when choosing an architectural panel for your construction project. The most important factor is the climate where the building will be located. Panels that are designed for a warm climate may not be suitable for a cold climate, and vice versa.
Other factors to consider include the weight of the panel, the fire rating, and the durability of the panel. It is important to choose a panel that is suited for the specific application and will meet the requirements of the building code.
When choosing an architectural panel, it is important to consider all of the factors involved in order to make the best decision for your project.
The Benefits Of Using Architectural Panels
Using architectural panels can provide many benefits when constructing a building. Some of these benefits include:
- Increased durability - One of the biggest benefits of using architectural panels is that they are more durable than traditional construction materials. This means that they are less likely to suffer damage from weather or wear and tear, which can save you money in the long run.
- Faster installation - Another advantage of using architectural panels is that they can be installed much faster than traditional construction materials. This can save you time and money on your construction project.
- More flexibility - Architectural panels are also more flexible than traditional construction materials, which means that they can be used in a wider variety of settings. This flexibility can be very helpful in achieving the desired look and feel for your building.
- Better fire resistance - Architectural panels also tend to have better fire resistance than traditional construction materials. This means that they can help to keep your building safe in the event of a fire.
- Greater energy efficiency - Architectural panels are generally more energy efficient than traditional construction materials. This means that they can help to reduce your energy bills and make your building more environmentally friendly.
- Enhanced acoustics - Another benefit of using architectural panels is that they can improve the acoustics of your building. This can be very beneficial if you are looking to create a more pleasant environment for your tenants or customers.
- Increased value - Finally, using architectural panels can also add value to your property. This is because they are seen as being more high-quality and durable than traditional construction materials.
Contact An Architectural Panel Manufacturer
If you are looking for a reliable and experienced architectural panel manufacturer, then contact Mapes Panels today. Mapes Panels has been in the business of manufacturing architectural panels for over 50 years, and they have a wealth of experience to offer their clients. They offer a wide range of panel products that are perfect for construction projects, and they have a team of experienced professionals who can help you select the right panels for your needs. Contact Mapes Panels to request a free quote.